Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Kennedy’s here

Her birth story:  September 22, 2011 at 6:23 the most precious gift we have ever been given arrived at 8.5 pounds and 21 inches long.  Only 11 days and I can’t remember life without her.  How life has changed.  Now are days are filled praying for gas drops to work and our dinner discussions now include the number of bowel movements she has passed, but we are in paradise.  Being parents is absolute bliss (says the first time mom of an infant….ask me again when she is a teenager) and we are completely smitten.

9-22-11 (15)

Barrett was able to stay home the week after she was born and it was wonderful just being a little family of 3.  Barrett is beyond amazing with her and I already can leave him with her to go to an appointment etc. with no hesitations.  Kennedy knows her momma’s and daddy’s voices for sure and is localizing our sounds.  He is currently going through withdrawals as he is back to work. 


9-27-11 (3)

Details to remember:

Went into Bay Area Hospital on Wed. September 21st around 8:30.  We were delayed due to too many births, but because our neighbor is a labor and delivery nurse we got first dibs on the first available room, did not have to check in through the emergency room like you are suppose to, and we got the best nurses.  Our nurses were fabulous!  That night I got maybe 30 minutes of sleep as my contractions were consistently 1 minute apart and coming every 1 to 2 minutes.  Nurses were giving me meds to try to space my contractions out with no success.  I got my epidural around 9:30 am , which did not work on me despite 2 efforts to “top off” my dose.  Contractions every minute for 22 hours with pain meds that didn’t work and an hour and a half of pushing and our little bundle of joy was here.

She was very healthy at birth and received 9 out of 10 on her APGAR scale.  She was born Thursday night and by Friday night at 9:30 we were headed home to meet Aunt Rachel who had flown in from OK that day.  The first night home was horrible as she did not go to bed until 5am and we were exhausted.  The next day I did nothing but feed Kennedy and feed myself and pass her off to loved ones fighting to hold her and I went to sleep.  All company went home on Sunday and then daddy and I had a week to ourselves.  Church brought many meals and it was bliss being home and trying to get our little one on a routine. 


Wednesday, September 28th Kennedy has her first doctor’s appointment.  It was so fun to dress her up in a cute outfit and bow and have our first little family outing.  Kennedy had lost 5 ounces, weighing in at 8 pounds and was 21.5 inches long.  She made her daddy proud by peeing all over the scale once she was stripped down for her measurements.  The Dr.’s report was good except that she was jaundice and so recommended exposure to indirect sunlight.

9-28-11 (34)

Since then she has gotten use to being on a pretty good feeding schedule and trying to sleep a little longer during the night.  She does have a clogged tear duct which causes never-ending goo to come out of her eyes. 


Saturday was a very eventful day as our sweet friend Stacia came to take newborn pictures of Ms. Kennedy.  The day began with one fiasco after another.  Stacia drove all the way from SA just to take pictures of Kennedy and arrived around 10am on Saturday morning.  Shortly after she surveyed our house for lighting and unloaded her props she opened her camera bag only to reveal a missing camera!  she frantically called her husband to search the van and her parent’s house and no camera.  Barrett researched online to see if there was a camera store to rent a camera and of course in true Corpus fashion no such store existed!  So, here she had driven 2.5 hours to take pictures for us with her servant heart and she couldn’t take them.  After a while of brainstorming we decided to call my mom, Grammy, to go to Stacia’s house and get her camera and drive down to Corpus so we could have the pictures taken that night.  Grammy saved the day and broke into Stacia’s house, only to search her entire house for 30 minutes and yep you guessed it….no camera.  Then Grammy did some more breaking and entering and went to a neighbor’s house to get the same type of camera of Stacia’s and was headed to Corpus. 

Later that afternoon around 3:30 I went into Kennedy’s nursery to get her up, turned around, and Stacia’s camera was staring me in the face on Kennedy’s dresser.  So the whole time the camera was in our house!  Stacia had not remembered getting her camera out and neither Barrett nor I saw her get her camera out.  At that point Stacia was just relieved that it was found since she thought her camera might have been stolen out of the car.  So Stacia came over with Gibson and Channing while Barrett and Stefan took Hadley and Linden fishing at the jetties.  Gicki watched Gibson and Channing while Stacia and I attempted to photograph my child.  However, it turns out the Kennedy is quit the diva and was not having her picture taken.  Longer story shorter- we attempted for 2 hours to get her to stop crying to snap some shots only to run into feeding time and run out of light.  Soooooo, poor Stacia had to come back Sunday morning to finish the photo shoot to encounter a fussy baby once again.  But, in the end I got my pictures that I wanted with her in the cutest hats and Kennedy cooperated just enough to get a few pictures taken.  Thank you Stacia for sharing your gifts and talents with us, you are fabulous!

10.2.11 (7)

Behind the scenes with our little diva

10.2.11 (8)

Lots of consoling in between shots of singing etc. to calm our baby girl down.  We would calm her with the paci and then once Stacia was zoomed and ready we would yank out the paci take a picture and repeat. 

10.2.11 (5)

Our Beauty

1 comment: