Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

8 months

Look at that big girl!  I can not believe you are 8 months and I refuse to think about how few months we have before you are 1.
You keep learning so fast. Such a little sponge.  You now receptively know: deer, lion, Grammy, baby, drink, no, and up, for a total of about 14 words.  You also have said your first word, "ada" for all done.  You said it 3 times in imitation and I thought, hmmm I think Kennedy just said "all done".  But, I brushed it off because you are so young, until it was verified by Grammy.  You said it for her in the high chair the other day and then last night you said if for the first time spontaneously when you were in your excersaucer.  So exciting!  Of course, I never thought "all done" would be your first word.  I figured it would be "Annie".
Speaking of learning new words.  The dogs have also learned new words.  They now know "don't touch her", "no licking", "get off"and  "be quiet".  We are so proud of Buddy and Annie for expanding their repertoire as well, ha ha ha!  But on a serious note, Buddy has learned Kennedy's name and will go and find her.

The other day, Grammy was singing a song that is played on one of your piano's and your turned and looked right at that piano.  You are starting to put your knees underneath you, but don't have extending your arms yet.  You are officially scooting on the floor.  I still think you might walk before you crawl because you are not happy unless you are standing up and walking.  You also have made it clear recently that you are ready to be more independent.  I will be excited for you when you are able to get places by yourself because you get frustrated not being mobile.



You have shaken your head "no" a few times.  Recently you started rocking in your high chair, self-feeding with yogurt melts, trying so hard to point, and you are blowing and squishing up your nose.  Here is a video of your new nose trick.

This month you also are trying to participate in book reading.  When we read your Wild Animals book, we always act out the last page "pitter patter" by running our fingers across the book.  Recently we noticed that you are trying to be able to run your fingers across the book.  You will even anticipate the page coming and get your fingers ready.  Look at her right hand and notice how she tries to get those fingers to move for a "pitter patter".

You also are a screamer, so LOUD.  And you are proficient at clicking your tongue.  You have moved into size 3 diapers, eat 3 meals a day, and get milk 4 times a day.  I am sad to say that I have lost the fight in breast feeding and have started having to supplement 1-2 feedings a day.  You don't care at all, as you have not missed a beat on your organic formula.  But, it makes this momma sad.  I still nurse you in the morning and at night.  I tried everything I could, supplements, "nursing honeymoons", stopped working out, etc. etc.  I think the lactation consultant blocked my phone number....I gave it my best shot and am thankful I was able to nurse you exclusively for 7.5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment