Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wind, Hail, Flood

April showers brought May tornados and flooding.  Barrett was out of town in Atlanta for a business conference and we get a tornado watch and warning.  Great.  I am home with Kennedy by myself and I have to say, I got scared.  The wind was so strong, and it was pouring down rain and hailing.  Kennedy slept through the beginning of the storm which was a shock because the hail was pounding down on her window.  When she woke up I grabbed some diapers and some toys and headed to my bedroom to keep the tv on to listen to the weather.  I was minutes away from lining the bathtub with a comforter and getting Kennedy's mattress to cover us up in the tub.  But, then the storm passed.  We had reports of a tornado in the next subdivision over and one in Flour Bluff.  





Here is a video I took from my front door at the beginning of the storm.  It was difficult for me to close the door because the wind was so strong.  I don't think I want to live somewhere like OK where tornados are frequently occurring.  No thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment