Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Even more loving....

Kennedy has 3 big loves in her life. We always knew that she loves music, even in the womb if music was playing she was dancing around. But, Grammy discovered that Kennedy really loves Elvis and his slow songs in particular. If we can't get her to calm down, we turn to Elvis and his slow songs work every time. It really is funny and amazing. When I was little Elvis was one of my favorites as well and I would love to jam out to Elvis tapes in my Gran and Grandad's car growing up. I loved to hear stories about my Gran getting to see Elvis in a parade growing up. So now Kennedy is the 4th generation of women to love her some Elvis. Consequently, we listened to "can't stop falling in love with you" for 45 minutes on repeat on the way home from SA. Yeah for no crying, but boo for hearing that song over and over and over again.

Kennedy's 2nd love is her elephant that is on her car seat which was mentioned in the previous blog.

Her 3rd love is so unusual, I am not quite sure what to think about it. Over Christmas I would nurse her in this same chair and then when I was burping her I noticed she always looked up and started smiling and talking. Her is a picture of her sweet smile to her new best friend.
Yep, that's right.....it is the air conditioning vent in the ceiling. She loves it, not sure what she thinks it is or what exactly is so funny about it, but every time she gave it a big smile and lots of talking.
On a separate occasion...
Serious conversation with her friend....maybe I should be concerned about my child?
To be documented: Uncle Blake helped give little missy a bath and changed diapers and even dressed her one day.

Tradition: Mom and I have been making sugar cookies every year of my life and now passing on the tradition with my little girl. Kennedy loved the colors of the icing and will love getting to eat one next year I am sure.
Our little outside chef, observing the cookies.
Yummmm....
Speaking of yum, one of my dad's clients sent 4 enormous rib eyes that Barrett grille dup for us, it was delicious and so much meat. Of course the mean didn't have a hard time getting it down. This is Barrett's favorite meal, a good steak and twice baked potatoes.
Look at this sweetest that is a daddy with his little girl. Precious! Kennedy of course was loving on daddy and sucking that thumb before bed.
Date Night #2: Spurs game. I am always amazed at how good my dad's company seats our, 4th row. The boys were so embarrassed that I wanted a picture (mainly my husband), but sorry I wanted it documented. Later that night Barrett and I had a hotel room on the river walk, only for me to discover I had forgotten one of the attachments to my breast pump...meaning he had to drive me all the way back to my parent's house. Long story short...I didn't get to go to the hotel that night, so sad. But, we had a great time at the game.

This picture is priceless. I mean could this little girl be more loved, adored, and swooned over? We met for lunch to celebrate Ms. Barbara's graduation with her masters. Congrats Ms. Barbara! Wahoo! We met at Red Lobster and she was adored. These have been very special women in my life and I know are some of Kennedy's biggest prayer warriors and for that I am so grateful.
Sweet Ms. Barbara didn't want to make Kennedy wait any longer for some hot water from the waiter so she just plopped Kennedy's bottle directly in her hot tea! That is love...
Kennedy wore her jewelry that Grammy and Pa bought her for the special occasion. Check out her precious ring! (never fear we secured it with ribbon so she couldn't swallow it)
Katie has been a friend since birth and her nanny was always very special to me.
Kennedy with the graduate

Thank you to everyone who loves our daughter! Keep the prayers coming for her sweet heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment